The parc régional des baronnies provençale located on the Drôme provençale and the high Alps, offers a very rich regional cultural and natural heritage, only a few moments away from the campsite Hautes-Alpes.
The bodies of water in the surrounding area
The natural character and the very slightly hilly landscape of the Parc des Baronnies Provençales allows us to have many lakes for swimming (supervised) but also to spend a wonderful day : “Le pas des Ondes”, “La Germanette”, “Le plan d’eau du Riou” but also “le Plan d’eau de Pigerolles” with rosans.
Fishing in the Hautes-Alpes
The campsite les hauts de Rosans in the pays du Buëch, is an ideal place for fishing enthusiasts. Whether in rivers or lakes, you will find many varieties of fish in the many varieties of fish. Trout, pike and carp will accompany your delicious barbecues that you can have on the campsite (Barbecues available free of charge).
Wines & Sparkling wines
The Drôme Provençale region, and that of the Hautes Alpes where “Les Hauts de Rosans” campsite is located, is a region rich in vineyards.
- In the Drôme you will find southern Côtes du Rhône adapted to the Mediterranean climate vinified in three “AOC” colours. Grenache and Sirah are the main grape varieties of this region.
- In the Vaucluse, the fameux Gigondas, which bears the name of this small village near Vaison la romaine.
- The Coteaux des Baronnies, at the foot of Mont Ventoux, will surprise you with their floral and fruity flavours.
- The wines of the Hautes-Alpes, with their 130 hectares produce atypical wines that deserve to be discovered. It is moreover the choice of our chef Philou who will propose you in the restaurant the wines of the German domain. This domain is the oldest of the Hautes-Alpes domains. It was founded in 1954 by Louis Allemand.
- In a valley just above the Haut de Rosans campsite, the fameuse clairette de DIE made according to its own vinification technique: the “ancestral dioise method”. Its secret is the fruit of a tasty blend between “Muscat blanc” and “La clairette blanche”, which brings finesse to the wine.
The region of the regional park of the Provençal baronies, and especially the north of the region ¨PACA, offers you a very rich cultural offer.
(Museums or eco-museums, Paleo Gallery, hilltop villages and cities of character, Castles and medieval villages, Arts and Crafts etc…).
The markets of the Hautes-Alpes
The Drôme Provençale region and the PACA region (Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur) are world-famous for their Provençal markets. You will find in the area around the campsite “les hauts de Rosans” many famous markets in the vicinity of the campsite.
Sports en Hautes-Alpes
Although many campers come to stay at the 4-star Les Hauts de Rosans campsite to rest and have a good time with family or friends, sportsmen are not to be outdone!
For those who love strong sensations, there are many activities on land, in the air and in the white water. Near the campsite, a paragliding school opens its doors to holidaymakers on the sites of Mévouillon and Sederon. The initiated and the connoisseurs of paragliding will go to the site of Pelonne, in Drôme Provençale, only 10 minutes away from the campsite.
Less than 45 minutes from the campsite Les Hauts de Rosans, in the Hautes-Alpes, the village d’Orpierres is one of the first French sites equipped for climbing, with nearly 500 pitches on 7 different cliffs: a great variety of climbs for all levels. Orpierre is a Medieval town in the regional natural park of the Provencal Baronnies. Situated on the old “Princes d’Orange” road, south of the Hautes-Alpes (PACA region; Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur), Orpierre is one of the most beautiful villages in France.
The surrounding rivers (l’Eygues, le Buëch, la Méouge, etc.) are true havens of peace for fishing and a real joy for all amateur fishermen.
Our partners at the campsite
In the mountains (outdoor activity)
En Montagne is one of the partners of the campsite les Hauts de Rosans which offers many activities. During your stay on our campsite les Hauts de Rosans you will be able to practise one of these activities :
- Canyoning, which is a purely playful activity where you walk in the course of a river following the rhythms of the relief, or you can jump into pockets of water, abseil down a waterfall or slide down natural slides.
- climbing which will allow you to climb along a wall using your hands and feet.
- The Via Ferrata with which you will progress along a rock face while helping yourself with bars and cables. You will also find, for thrill seekers, zip lines and monkey bridges.
- And finally a acrobatic course high and a jump into the void.
De belles sensations in perspective with our partner “En montage”.
The Observatoire astronomique des Baronnies provençales located in Moydans in the Hautes-Alpes less than 15 minutes from the campsite des hauts de Rosans offers since January 2013 the possibility to discover the world of stars.
Its particularity is that it has been implanted in this valley of the Provençal baronnies, without any light pollution, to welcome all types of public and activities: from neophytes to professional astronomers.
The Cols de nes
Our partner “Les Cols des nes” proposes you to discover splendid landscapes between mountains and rivers whether it is during hiking with family or with friends with one or more donkeys. You will have the choice of a walk in the parc régional des Baronnies Provençales for one day or if you wish over several days.
The amateurs de cyclo et de VTT have, around the campsite, a huge playground: the Baronnies and the Buëch in Hautes-Alpes have indeed many marked out routes and listed on precise maps, directly available at the reception.
The area of the Baronnies Provençales Park is an ideal area for superb walks. Of all levels and durations, you will find what you are looking for.
Whether you are with your family, alone or accompanied by friends, hiking is a way to discover the fauna and flora of the Baronnies Provençales (in the Drôme Provençale and the Hautes Alpes) while discovering breathtaking landscapes.